Native API Integration Checklist
Below is a rough list of steps for getting started with the Native API. You will need to make modifications to both your game client/installer, as well as implementing our server-side API in your game server.
If you have any questions or run into any trouble along the way, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Download SDK (Version 220.127.116.11 - Nov 20, 2012)
- Download the Native Client
- Create or sign in to your Kongregate account
- Create your game - This should be set up as an iframe, you can use a dummy URL for now. The Kongregate staff will be producing landing pages for all approved native games for launch.
- Get your game ID and private API key from the API Information page. This URL is in the format
/games/author/permalink/api. You will need the game ID to initialize the native API, and the API key for the REST API
- Integrate basic Native API functionality into your game, ensure communication with the client is working. Ensure you can obtain a user ID/game authentication token.
- Integrate the Authentication API on the server side by having your client pass the Kongregate user id and auth token
- Set up microtransactions on the server side using the Dynamic Item Orders API, which is very similar to Facebook's Credits API.
- Implement purchases in the client using purchaseItemsRemote
- If you will not be making a Kongregate-specific build, read how to conditionally initialize the API and customize your installer.